Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thank you Thank you

So, do you know who's husband...

1. Spent 40 minutes putting new music on my Zune tonight?

2. Baby-sat the 2 kids while I ran 8 miles

3. Promised he'd give me my choice of a back/foot rub or $20 when I got home in order to motivate me to get out the door?


Mine! ;-) Thanks babe. You are my #1 supporter. I'm so lucky to have you.


And yes, I did run that 8 miles. And I was so excited after I was done I even ran a little bonus .25 miles with high knees. ;-)


It was tuff though. I was supposed to go this morning with a friend. But I have been suffering from insamnia, plus 2 sick kids, and last night I felt like I was getting sick cause I kept gagging on flem. Yes...gross, but true. So basically I maybe slept 3 hours last night.


So, at 5:50 this morning I texted friend, "Long night. Not much sleep. Wanna go later?" To which she quickly replied, Same here. Talk to you later.


But come later, it didn't work out for us both together. So I headed to the school track. 1 time around = .75 miles. So I ran it 11 and a half times. I ran and I ran and I ran. I didn't stop except for a quick water break and a few times I had to walk a moment cause my legs would suddenly turn to jello.


Laps 1-6 feeling great not a problem

7-8 knees start hurtint and hips a little

9- hips starting to hurt a lot

10-toes oddly start tingling

11-feeling pretty good, change song and sprint to the end!


It took an hour and a half. Not the best of times...But I did it! I can't believe I will one day run 18 miles more than that....eeeeeek. But, I think I can do this. I think I can I think I can. Especially with my supportive husband...how could I not?


Now, the big decision. $20 or a footrub....hmmmm

3 comments:

  1. You and your sweet man are both amazing! Keep up the good work--you are definitely an inspiration to me:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow wow wow wow wow!!!!!! i am so so impressed and a little jealous- dang sister missionaries- jk! i wanna join you next time! way to go!

    oh and that is a GREAT time! just great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome... Great Job! I would take the $20 and get a pedicure :)Oh.... and I KNOW YOU CAN... GO Matti!!!

    ReplyDelete