Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A pat on my back

So, last night.... I didn't want to run my 2.6 miles for the day (suprise suprise)! But, my loving husband made me (thanks Jonathon). Okay, he didn't push me out the door, but he made me eat the words I said the night before about setting a goal and keeping it. ;-)

So, I strapped on my new runnin' shoes and went for it.

All was going well. My iPod was dead, so I had to borrow Eden's and listen to the one song on there over and over and over again. It was a decent running song at least, with a good tempo for running to.

Then all of a sudden I passed two large trucks, parked one in front of the other on the side of the road. There was about a 3 feet gap between the trucks and two older men (mid 60's, early 70's) were standing nearby with slightly bewildered looks on their faces.

In between these two trucks lay a body....huge body! I was running, it was dark, I was slightly spooked already because I really HATE running at night alone. The lighting on the streets in my neighborhood is poor. But, this definately looked like a naked large cut up body lying in the road between to trucks. It freaked me out. I began running as fast as I could.

When I got home, I told Jonathon about what I had seen, he thought I should call 911 to send the police over to see what was going on....turns out, it was a pig. A really really really big pig. Slightly embarassing. But, glad it wasn't a human.

All the same, I ran my 2.6 miles yesterday! And I give myself a pat on the back, and a tear out of my chubby picture. ;-) Yay!

1 comment:

  1. and you get a pat on the back from me, as well. and try to run while the sun is up. you should not be running in the dark, matti.

    ReplyDelete