Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Setting Goals

Ok, part one of losing weight is having a plan. Right now my plan is to start simple and set an achievable daily goal.

So...what's your goal? What can you commit to this week? Is it just changing into work out clothes? Walking to your mail-box every day? Think of something that will push you out of your usual work out routine a little...but don't get crazy. We are just on week one.

My goal is to run 1 mile a day and do my "Postnatal Rescue" workout video every other day. It's just a 15 minute routine. Perfect for getting those muscles to recover from pregnancy. Especially your abs. My abs tore apart with Eden. I don't remember the medical term. But there is now a distinct valley between my two abdominal muscles. So, it is very important that I train my stomach muscles slowly and correctly. This video seems to do the trick! If you would like to borrow it...just let me know. Or you can look it up online. It's by Erin O'Brien.

My long term goal is to run 50 miles in 50 days. I'll put a ticker in my side-bar so you can see where I am at.

That reminds me of one more thing. Write down your goal! Put it somewhere that you are going to see. At the end of the week, we are going to grade ourselves on a 1-10. At least I am going to! ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I like your 50 miles in 50 days goal. Running is great. Everyone says its the fastest way to lose weight. I know it works. I need to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uh, exercise mon-sat and watch what i eat better.

    ReplyDelete