Sunday, November 22, 2009

boooooooooo-yaaaaaaaaaaaa

I ran 20 miles yesterday. My house to cacklefresh to Crouching Lion and back to my house. It was awesome.
I was going to take a different route, but when I woke up that morning...it just didn't feel right. So, I opted for staying closer to home. If it's hard to imagine how long 20 miles is....think of it this way.1. My house to Windward mallor2. My house to Matsumotos
Those were the routes I was thinking of running, but like I said...it just didn't feel right.
And today, I'm not very sore. Except for the mastitis that I woke up with this morning, which gives bad body aches and flu like symptoms. I guess that's what happens when you run for 4 hours in a wet sweaty sports bra.
But, I'm pretty excited and I feel like I could definately run an extra 6 miles 3 weeks from now. It's crazy. My sister once dated a guy who ran 20 miles a few times a month...and I thought, "Why in the world...how in the world? would anyone be able to run that far???" And yesterday I did it. Thanks to my sweet husband who stayed at home with the kiddos for 4 hours. Who's husband is willing to watch the kids for 4 hours at a time while the wife worksout? How awesome is that?! Thanks babe. 3 more weeks to go.
Oh! And the most awesome thing. I woke up this morning and was wandering around the house and my husband said, "Whoa, babe. Your legs look totally skinny." So I got out the tape meausre and sure enough...My theighs have lost a whole 1 1/4 inch since Oct 24. Amazing.

7 comments:

  1. woohoo!!! i always wished i could be one of those runners.

    go girl!!

    my brother dated a girl in college who would run to either haleiwa or kaneohe every weekend and i thought "wow!"

    and megan naihe - she used to run to haleiwa on the weekends, too.

    ya'll are awesome. i don't think i will ever be capable of doing that. and you were in the neighborhood. next time you can stop on in for a waterbreak or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!! Wow, that is amazing. You are so inspiring! I want to get back into running after this baby is born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am beaming with pride and jealousy right now!!!! oh my gosh i am so happy for you!

    seriously.

    i wish it were me. and you are so very inspiring- maybe it will be me someday.

    have you picked your reward yet? you totally should get something awesome- aside from the skinny legs and accomplishment of being able to do something that crazy that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my word verification was badesse - you are a bad-esse (get it get it....) haha :)

    you rock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow...inspiring and impressive! You are an awesome mom;-) Kuddos to Jon too!!!

    ReplyDelete